Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Alien Ambassador

  I know I'm really late on this one, but I've been gone for a while and I'm warming back up. I remember when this one hit the news sources a couple months back. Not everybody reported on it but there were enough outlets to make a stir. I myself was stirred, then disappointed, then suspicious.


  In late September it was reported that Mazlan Othman, a Malaysian astrophysicist and Director of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA), was being appointed as the Ambassador for Extraterrestrial Contact by the United Nations. This meant that if and when some little green men showed up and said "Take me to your leader." she would be the one they see first. Of course some of us believe that it won't happen nearly the way I've just described it and others will say it has already happened, that will be for another post in the near future. Just a couple days after the story broke to the public, The Guardian published this article in which Othman denies the claim saying "It sounds really cool but I have to deny it".

  Denial seems to be the name of the game when it comes to these things, and considering that the Denver Initiative 300 was gaining attention at the same time makes my inner conspiracy theorist and disclosure enthusiast start rattling the cages. Could these two situations be only coincidence? Of course, but where is the fun in that? I'd like to think that there are bigger things on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment